Create Network run a series of classes each term at the MAMA Art Gallery in Albury, including –
In this specialty art course catering especially for teens, students will learn technical aspects of photography, together with creative and artistic elements, and post-production editing software.
Digital cameras are all the rage and in most cases are simple to use. But if you want to switch from the default “auto” mode and take full control, then this 10-week photography course is for you.
The first week will be an introduction to your digital camera, how to use each of the settings, and how to shoot with control. You will explore light, space and visual solutions while learning to experiment with says to enhance digital images. This knowledge will help you move beyond ‘happy snaps’ and into beautiful, considered compositions. Over the remaining weeks of the course you will refine your technical skills, and explore various creative photographic approaches.
Digital Photography – Level 2 builds on the skills developed in Digital Photography – Level 1, our foundation course.
Tutor Dirk Wallace will continue to build your technical and creative skill set across core areas of digital photography, including:
- Advanced camera settings: Learn to harness your camera’s full capacity through advanced understanding of your camera’s manual settings.
- Technical development: Develop your control of lighting, colour and exposure for different effects.
- Composition and creative perspective: Develop your creative flair and eye for composition.
- Photographic genres: Build your experience in macro, landscape, artistic photography, and portraiture.
- Post Production: Delve further into image manipulation and handling with specialist software.
- Artistic Guidance: Specialist mentoring in your particular areas of interest
Is your computer overflowing with disorganised, unedited photos?
Learn how to handle images like a pro in this 10 week course, including:
- Understanding different image file types
- Importing digital images into editing software, and working with each file type
- Introduction to Adobe Creative Suite applications including Photoshop and Lightroom
- Adjusting exposure, contrast, saturation and lighting levels
- Enhancing a flat images into more dynamic images
- Basic retouching skills, such as skin tone correction, swapping faces in group shots, and removing unwanted objects from photos using Photoshop
- Using applications such as Lightroom to organise and archive files
- Exporting images for web and print
- Scanning old print photos and retouching for print or archive
Please visit the MAMA Albury web site for more information and to book into these classes.